Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Are the risks of using the Evra birth control Patch for a long time as bad as they say?

I've read that there is a very high risk of having really bad blood clots when using the patch. I come from a family with bad history of blood clots but didn't know about this side effect till now (i've been using the patch for a year now). Should I stop using it?Are the risks of using the Evra birth control Patch for a long time as bad as they say?
You need to discuss this with your Dr. The cases of women having strokes while on the patch are on the rise. I was on it for a couple years and never had a problem. My doc did ask if my family had history of blood clots and strokes, I don't think he would've put me on it had I answered yes. Try the pill just to be safe.Are the risks of using the Evra birth control Patch for a long time as bad as they say?
I do not believe in using any birth control chemical on the market. Its dangerous to mess with your hormones. If you have a family history of blood clots, then you need to stay far away from any birth control on the market. Look for something natural, there are sites dedicated to natural birth control.
Yes, my sister was on the patch. She experienced fainting spells, nausea, blood pressure problems, etc. As soon as the patch was removed, it all stopped. So,my advice is to avoid the patch if possible. I'm on Yasmin, which I have had no trouble w/.
Did your dr know about your family history?


I'd stop the patch and let him know you are concerned and discuss your other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment