Friday, May 14, 2010

I just started birth control pills and i also use nicotine gum, does this carry the same risk as if i smoked?

i read all kinds of scary stuff in the pamphlet, and i am not sure if the risks are the same because they always refer to ';smoking'; rather than ';using nicotine' so i was hoping forsome clarification. i am a 35 yo female, so i am in a higher risk group. the birth control was prescribed to help me get rid of a bout of acne i am going though right now. my other options would be accutane (which i dont want to take considering it is one of the most toxic meds!) and milicycline (which i cannot take now because i am in the process of getting lazer hair removal so i need to wait until my sessions are over, which will be about 6 more months! i tend to get more ';cystic' acne so topical stuff only helps a tiny bit.... any advice or insight?I just started birth control pills and i also use nicotine gum, does this carry the same risk as if i smoked?
I am pretty sure the risk is the same. It is NICOTINE in smoking that is harmful to your body.I just started birth control pills and i also use nicotine gum, does this carry the same risk as if i smoked?
You may have to use something else. The pill does not help with acne. That's a myth.





As for the nicotine, yes, you'll be at a higher risk for a cardiac event or stroke while taking the pill and the nicotine gum at the same time. You shouldn't be on the pill for that alone. I'm shocked your doctor prescribed the pill knowing this.





If I were you, I would wait for six months and take the milicycline. The wait will be worth it because you'll live longer. Taking the pill now is too risky and your doctor is no good for prescribing it.
Honey, if you want to smoke, it's will to be risking your health condition, if you taking birth control. If I were you to talk your doctor before you taking a birth control. Make sure everything safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment