Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Methods of birth control that doesn't include the risk of blood clotting?

My boyfriend and I recently started having sex and I was a virgin so I had never been exposed to condoms or other types of birth control. Whenever we have sex and use a condom, it always dries me up and we have to stop after like 5 minutes. I know pulling out isn't a safe method but it's what we have had to do to get anything done. I would go on the pill but I have a history of blood clotting and the pill, patch, and ring all run the risk of blood clotting. I looked up spermicidal lube but it doesn't seem very effective so I'm not sure where to go from here...are there any other methods I'm missing?Methods of birth control that doesn't include the risk of blood clotting?
If you're not worried about STDs, there are other barrier methods (e.g. diaphragm or cervical cap). You can also use an IUD.





Best of luck!Methods of birth control that doesn't include the risk of blood clotting?
I'm not being a smart alec, but I strongly recommend abstaining until marriage. God designed sex to be enjoyed within marriage.
you can have your tubes tied or he can get a vasectomy..other than that, you've pretty much exhausted all the BC methods.
Progesterone ONLY birth control pills are available. These can still cause breast tenderness, weight gain, nausea, etc. However, blood clots are not a common side-effect of progesterone-only pills. Progesterone-only pills are about 94% effective in preventing pregnancy (compared to about 97% efficacy of progesterone/estrogen combo pills). And to put that in perspective, condoms are about 90% effective. Condoms, however, also protect you from a number of STDs while pills do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment