Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's the risk of starting a birth control pack two days late?

I am taking normal 21-day birth control pills where I have one week of inactive pills every month.





I neglected to get my next pack in time to start them again Sunday, after my week of inactive pills was over. I won't be able to get the next pack until tomorrow afternoon, because my university health center is closed for no reason.





My question is: How long do I need to use a back-up method after I'm able to start my pills again? I will be starting the pills two days late.











Extra information:





This month, I finished my active pills last Sunday. My period usually starts one to two days after I stop the active pills and lasts for just a few days.





My period suddenly started again late Sunday, after being completely over with since Wednesday or Thursday. I guess this is because I didn't start my pack right on time.What's the risk of starting a birth control pack two days late?
You need to use a backup method for a month, just as you did when you first started the pill. If you miss even one day, you are ';unprotected'; for that month until your body builds up the hormones again.

No comments:

Post a Comment