Friday, May 14, 2010

Ok..im 13 yrs old and my mom wants to put me on birth control..what are the risks of this?

uhmm ok..are there any risks for being on birth control at 13?Ok..im 13 yrs old and my mom wants to put me on birth control..what are the risks of this?
Some risk of blood clots, but at your age, that shouldn't be a big deal unless you smoke. Also, you might gain 5 or so pounds, but that usually levels out after a few months. Your doctor can explain more of the risks and benefits.Ok..im 13 yrs old and my mom wants to put me on birth control..what are the risks of this?
As long as you have started your period, there are no risks that I know of. If you are worried, ask your doctor (you have to have a prescription for most birth control). I was put on pills at a young age to straighten out my periods and had no ill effects from it (that was 20 years ago).
there are no real risk involved
First of all, what is the reason for your mum wanting to put you on birth control? Skin problems, irregular periods, contraception? Either way you should think about what you want........ nobody should make you take something that you dont want to. I would speak to my doctor about side effects...being on the pill can cause high blood pressure among other things. I would read up on this and then discuss the dosage with your doctor as there are many different types.

No comments:

Post a Comment