Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I have been on some version of the birth control pill for 7 years now. What are the risks?

I was put on the birth control pill at age 17 to try and prevent the severe pain and sickness that accompanied my monthly cycle. I have switched several times since then (I am now 24) in order to lessen the symptoms, etc. Are there any side effects from being on the pill for a lengthy period of time? Will this cause difficulties in becoming pregnant when the time comes? My husband and I are considering starting a family within the next year and I just want to know if I have obstacles that I should be aware of. Will it take longer, etc?I have been on some version of the birth control pill for 7 years now. What are the risks?
Hormonal birth control can cause side effects in virtually part of the female body. The risks include death and infertility (sometimes permanent).





For detailed information on the possible side effects, please read _The Doctors' Case Against the Pill_ by Barbara Seaman.I have been on some version of the birth control pill for 7 years now. What are the risks?
No. My cousin was on birth control several years and stopped taking it and was pregnant in a couple of months. The question is not whether being on birth control will effect your chances I would look into reasons why were you put on birth control in the first place that caused the severe pain and sickness. Those factors might be more hindering than your usage of the pill.
Just stop taking the pill and have full sex with open heart and enjoy the ecstasy. and then see the result, if u r not getting preg after six months at least , then consult a doctor.
Yes. Doctors don't always tell you about all the risks associated with taking birth control. Birth control is hormones added to your body daily. Although it decreases your chance for breast cancer, it increases your risk of other types of cancer. Also, high blood pressure and the inability to make your own hormones.





On average, it takes a women 3 to 12 months after taking the pill to have a regular cycle again. You could get pregnant the first month after ceasing to take the pill, but it could take up to a year.





Your cycle usually returns to the way it was before taking the pill, so you may want to meet with your obgyn for a preconception meeting before stopping to address any needs specific to your cycle.





My hubby and I are in the same position and I stopped taking it almost 3 months ago.





Hope this helps. take care.
lets see, cervical cancer, being infertile...
it might take longer but not always...





there are other side effects though.





I was on the pill for more that 9 years (i also switched several times), I had to stop because I found that the pill could be linked to my clinical depression and my cervical displasia, there are other side effects from the pill that may effect you.
Not at all! I was on the pill for 6.5 years, and got pregnant a month after I quit it. I never had any problems at all! Actually the doctors will tell you that a woman who has been on the pill for a long time has kept their reproductive system much more helathier, you will have less chances of getting cysts and fibroids than those of women who don't use any birth control pills. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment