Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How much does missing the first 3-4 pills of a birth control pack increase one's risk of pregnancy?

I was supposed to start my pills on the 3rd, but actually started taking them on the 6th at night. I had sex on the 3rd and the 6th.





Did missing those pills increase my risk of pregnancy? And if so, by how much?





The reason why I ask is because I'm confused; some people say it takes months to get pregnant after going off the pill, and some say it is just as easy to get pregnant if you miss a certain number of pills while on the pill.





What about in this case? How much have my odds of pregnancy gone up by missing those first four pills/starting them late? (I didn't double them up or anything, I just started them late).How much does missing the first 3-4 pills of a birth control pack increase one's risk of pregnancy?
I got pregnant because I missed a certain number of pills. You need to make sure you use backup. You could VERY much get pregnant easily. I got pregnant while ON the pill still because I just didn't take them at the same time everyday. (Not recently,a couple years ago) it does increase it,and honestly,it's like you're not on anything at all at this point.How much does missing the first 3-4 pills of a birth control pack increase one's risk of pregnancy?
I missed days 5, 6, %26amp; 7 of a new pack. My daughter is now 2.5 years old!! :)
Your confusion is due to the fact that all women are different. Some women will ovualte again within a few weeks of going off the pill. Others won't ovulate for a few months. Once ovulation DOES resume, sometimes pregnancy happens the first cycle, and sometimes not for 6-8 months or more.





Logically your risk of pregnancy should still be pretty low. It takes a couple of weeks at LEAST to ovulate again, and sperm will only live in your body for a few days. So even if you did ovulate, any sperm deposited on the 3rd and 6th would almost certainly be dead by the time the egg arrived on the scene.





Still... if you have pregnancy symptoms, test. And in future, if you make the same mistake, use a back-up method for a few weeks to cover all your basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment