Friday, May 14, 2010

Risks: Birth Control. I have been taking them for a week. I have also been taking antihistamine...?

...and I have been feeling dizzy. Is there something in them that doesn't correspond with the each other? Am I poisoning myself? I have been really shaky and have had a high pulse. I read in the birth control side effect thing that the risk of diabetes is slightly higher. diabetes runs in my family, but only of women of an older age. My grandma just got it and she is 67. I am 15, and I have been eating a lot of sweets lately. Could that be why I am so shaky? I don't eat much, just a piece or two when I am really in the mood.





Please someone help me, and I only want answers from people who really know!!!Risks: Birth Control. I have been taking them for a week. I have also been taking antihistamine...?
If you are feeling dizzy, you really, really need to see a doctor, not just ask us on the internet. There are about a million and one reasons for dizziness, and we can't possibly tell from here.





The answer to your question is that no, I don't think there's any reason that birth control and antihistamines would work together in combination to make you dizzy. On the other hand, antihistimines can do that all by themselves, but regardless, there's no way to tell if it's the medication that's doing this. And yes, low blood sugar could also make you dizzy (diabetes causes HIGH blood sugar and if you are having symptoms from that, you need to see a doctor even more), but I have no idea if that's the cause. However, bottom line: ANY new symptom after starting a new medication is cause for another visit to the doctor.





Please call your own doctor. Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment