Friday, May 14, 2010

Birth defect risks and birth control?

Well I've been on the pill for about 8 months now. I have never missed a pill, and I take it every single day at the same exact time. Still I'm growing a bit concerned about pregnancy. My breasts are swollen and tender, I've getting migraines, strange food cravings, nausea...and I'm sitting here thinking ';wait a minute, I've been through this before';.





My question is not ';could I be pregnant';, so please don't start responding in regards to my symptom list; my question is: If I AM preggers, what are the dangers of having continued the pill? What possible birth defects or complications may arise because of this?





I've stopped the pill and reverted back to condoms until I know for sure if I'm pregnant or not...but I've already miscarried twice in my young life...and would like to take the best care of this potential child by knowing my risks.Birth defect risks and birth control?
Its not impossible, but its unlikely. You get a lot of pregnancy symptoms when on the pill. Its perfectly normal. I went up a whole cup size when on BC.





As for birth defects, i dont know what science says, but my friend's mom was on BC for five months when she was pregnant with her, now she has MS and a slew of other health issues.





WHo knows. Ask your doctorBirth defect risks and birth control?
if you take the pilll like you say I dont think you are...and pills can cause bad migraines and all the stuff you've mentioned. That's why I had to stop taking it after 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment