Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Did I put myself at risk of getting pregnant, even on birth control?

I've currently been taking the birth control pill Loestrin 24fe and I'm on my second pack. I have never missed a pill yet and I take them generally around the same time every day, (always at 9:30 pm, but there have been very few times when I've taken it maybe an hour later, which my Dr. had told me is actually fine because I take combination pills...they don't have to be taken at the EXACT time every day.) So I'm on my second week into the second month, took the pill every day, general same time, and I am sexually active.





Two nights ago, I was stuck in the very bad Transformers movie which was TOO long, so I ended up taking my pill around 10:15 or so. My boyfriend and I then had sex in my car about an hour later, and he did ejaculate inside me. It wasn't until the next day I started worrying if I technically had sex on a SKIPPED day because I took the pill not too long before we had sex. Is this something I shouldn't worry about or did I put myself at the risk of becoming pregnant because I didn't wait long enough to have sex after taking the pill? :/ Again, I have NEVER missed a pill prior and I have not gotten pregnant while on it, but I have never had sex almost immediately after taking the pill until two nights ago. Feedback will be appreciated to settle my nervousness. :[Did I put myself at risk of getting pregnant, even on birth control?
You did NOT miss your pill that day. It's the same rate of effectiveness as far as combination Birth Control pills go: 99% effective in preventing pregnancy. Relax, you are protected. If in doubt, call your Gynecologist.Did I put myself at risk of getting pregnant, even on birth control?
It's probably fine, you were only late by 45 minutes. Just don't let it happen again. Try setting an alarm on your phone to remind you to take the pill. That's what I do and I've never missed one or taken one late.





Used correctly birth control pills are 99.9% accurate in protecting against pregnancy so there's always a risk but it's a very minor risk.
I was told by a doctor that its safe to take the birth control and have the guy use a condom. That way your extra protected. If your really not that ready for the accident then simply don't have sex. Wait until you have enough money for the basic stuff. You can have a baby shower and buy stuff cheap at second hand stores.
soooo, you were 45 minutes late taking it? You should be perfectly fine, no need to worry. It's about the same risk as usual, just hope you don't fall into that .1 percent. My partner and I rely purely on the pill as well, it's bad practice to be late but even 2-4 hours isn't a HUGE deal. I just don't recommend it. Some doctors still say not to count on it alone until you've been on it for three months, so be wise.
If you didn't actually MISS the pill, just took it a less than an hour later than usual, you should be OK. I take the same pill, and my gyn said that taking it within about an hour window of time is fine.
even if your on birth control, then there is still a rare chance of getting pregnant. It's hard to tell .. only abstinence is 100% affective
No you are fine don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment