Friday, May 14, 2010

What is my risk of developing a blood clot if I go on birth control?

I'm 20 years old, I walk at least 2 miles a day, I do not smoke, and I'm in very good health (I rarely get sick and I have never had any medical problems at all). I want to start using the pill for many reasons, including to help me with my period and I want to be protected from an unwanted pregnancy. I would like to try YAZ because I've heard it works really well. My main concern is the risk of developing a blood clot. What are the chances of me developing a blood clot if I decide to take YAZ? Is there another HBC that I could try that would lower my chances of developing a blood clot?What is my risk of developing a blood clot if I go on birth control?
If you don't smoke and are healthy risk is probably low. And I think that Yaz is a lower dose isnt it?





But be aware there is a risk. I heard about the risks, and the statement that ';women over 35 shouldn't smoke and take the pill'; due to added risk of clots.





I developed DVT (clot in my leg) at age 30. Dr. said birth control caused it. There is a risk with everything I know and I am not trying to detour you from taking it but I always tell people, I was like most people who didn't think those risk factors would apply to me especially being so young and healthy but it still happened. The good news, I survived the clot, the bad news I will be on blood thinner rest of my life and no birth control ever again. (bad news for my hubby, he had to get a vasectamy).





But you should discuss all of this with your doctor for sure. And do some research on your own even.What is my risk of developing a blood clot if I go on birth control?
if you are not over weight and are a non-smoker then the chances are pretty low.
that the risk with the pill... talk to your doctor about it///

No comments:

Post a Comment