Friday, January 22, 2010

Are the risks of birth control pills worth the bennifit?

I have bad menstrual cramps every month and I cannot function very well for 3 days. I take 3 Alieve every 4 hours but it just barley takes the edge off the pain. I get my period every 23 days. I complained to my doctor and he wrote me a prescription for Yasmin. I am afraid of side effects like blood clots and weight gain.Are the risks of birth control pills worth the bennifit?
Yes. Sounds like they would really be worth it with the problems you are having. The chances of blood clots are very slim. I didn't have any problem with weight gain on the pill. Some women do. Still, for you with your PMS troubles, the pill would be worth the risk.Are the risks of birth control pills worth the bennifit?
i was on the pill for about 5 years, and from experience, im telling you..the pill didnt help my period out at all. it gave me more side effects than benefit. for example.. i was moody all the time, got yeast infections, gained some weight and got acne.





if your having unprotected sex you might consider it being worth the troubles but for just your period i wouldnt take it. ask your doctor to prescribe some pills to help with your cramps. i found they work better than the pill.





good luck
Its better to be safe then not! Its rare that anyone gets anything from using birth control pills, i know this stuff cause everyone in my family is in the medical field. Theres a bigger chance of catching something or getting perganet if ur not protected.
I am a menopausal woman who took birth control pills since 1971 until last November, I never had any problems, no side effects, I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment