Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Could a woman be putting her ability to get pregnant at risk if she is on a birth control pill for over a year

??? I am have been on the same oral contraceptive for almost one year. And for the two years prior to that I was on a couple different kinds of methods including the Nuva Ring. I have just recently heard from a co-worker that he knows a woman who was on birth control for years and in the last year she hasn't been able to get pregnant. I am worried...the birth control pill that I am on is supposed to reduce the severity of my periods, and I should be having four periods per year. However, ever since I started this pill I haven't even had one period and its been about eight months! Is this a bad sign?? If anyone knows anything please help me out!! I am considering stopping birth control and not having sex anymore I am so worried!!Could a woman be putting her ability to get pregnant at risk if she is on a birth control pill for over a year
You should definitely talk to your doctor about the medication you're on, especially because you need to rule out endometriosis which could be the underlying cause of your period pains. Maybe you already did this, but it's something that needs attention. Additionally, you should have had a period by now and I'd suggest that you change your pill so that you're at least on a regular cyclical pattern.





Being on birth control won't make you infertile. The Depo shot can delay your ability to conceive because it takes a while to get out of your system, but most other methods are pretty good and normally once you stop, you're fine within a month and are likely to get pregnant within 6 months. I suspect your friend's story is indicative of another problem which never made its way into the story. It's nice to blame a medication on infertility, but there is no proof of that and I think she's apportioning blame where none is due. There's likely another reason for her infertility.Could a woman be putting her ability to get pregnant at risk if she is on a birth control pill for over a year
what kind of pill are you on? you should of had a period by now. and no the pill should not hurt your chances of getting preg. in the future but every woman is different, so you should ask your dr. about it.
I was on the pill for 7 years and quit in Sept 04 and got pregnant in Oct 04.


Every pregnancy I have gotten pregnant the first month being off the pill. I would say the pill helped keep me regular.
You can download the Free E-book: ';7 Secrets on how to get Pregnant';


from my site www.how-to-get-pregnant-now.com and find all the answers you have on how to get pregnant.


Love , Angela
I think that is just a myth. Most people get pregnant within 3-6 months after getting off the pill.
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment