Friday, January 22, 2010

Are there long term risks for birth control?

I take orthro evra for the past 6 months. If I continue for 3 or 4 years until im ready to have kids will there be any effects?Are there long term risks for birth control?
Yes, there are risks to long term use of birth control pills, if you use them for years they can interfere with fertility issues. They also lead to more likelihood of contracting breast and uterine cancers. They deplete your body of B vitamins and minerals. If you want to learn more about this please check out my website at http://drnovicknomeopath.com. I am a chiropractic physician and homeopath and have been treating women's hormonal issues with alternative medicine for 13 years.Are there long term risks for birth control?
I've been on the ortho evra patch since i was 13.. and I'm now 18.


From what I know, there isn't any long term effects.


As long as your healthy, not over weight, and don't smoke you'll be fine.





It shouldn't effect fertility if thats what your wondering.. I'd wati at least a few months after going off birth control before you try to have kids.. Just so its 100% out of your system, and your periods get back to normal (After being used to the patch for years.. id assume your periods would be screwy if you went off)





All the best!!
I would not try to have kids like right after you come off it. Long term effects, not really. The major risks are if you are on BC and smoke. You could have a stroke, heart attack, get a blood clot, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment