Friday, January 22, 2010

Are you aware of the risks associated with birth control?

I asked why is abortion ok as a form of birth control and some of the responses I got were along the lines of ';what happens if the condom breaks'; or ';what if you are on the pill and you still get pregnant';.





So my question is, how many of you are aware that all forms of birth control are not considered 100% effective?





Should taking or using birth control mitigate the responsibility of the parents?Are you aware of the risks associated with birth control?
it could possibly. i know a few people who got prego on the pill, and you can develop problems like not being able to have children, that it messes up your reproductive system. its reall considered 96.4% affective after 2 months of using it everyday, and when using condoms when you arent using them it is about 94.7% affective. so i hope i helped.Are you aware of the risks associated with birth control?
i think they are two completely different issues-





birth control- PROPER birth control should be taught, however i find it largely hypocritical that the same opponents of abortion, are also opposed to birth control.





and while birth control is not 100% effective, a large reason for this is that most of the ';failures'; of birth control are due to improper use. combined methods such as condoms and birth control pills (probably the most common combo) are so damn near close to 100% when used effectively-








why am i saying this- just to throw it out there.








as for birth control mitigating parental responsibility? one has nothing to do with the other.





no one will argue that abortion is not a proper form of birth control- in a single case it might be used as such but for a woman to regularly undergo abortion procedures with the same frequency as she would have her partner use a condom or drop a pill or drop a morning after pill even could pose potential health risks for her.





while any risk to a woman might be miniscule for a single abortion, undergoing the procedure regularly is a different issue.








now anti choice people tend to want to assess blame somewhere and almost seem like they prefer to punish a woman with an unwanted or undesired or an ';oops'; child.





it seems that they are more incensed that she is having sex (and the abortion is to punish that) rather than any claim they make about the fetus' potential life.





the fact is that there is no ';wrongdoing'; to mitigate any responsibility here.





it is not wrong (contrary to certain misguided religious beliefs) to have sex.





therefore the result of any sexual encounter can't be ';mitigated';.





abortion is simply the right for a woman to chose control over her own body over the rights of a zygote. and at what point do those rights shift due to development of the fetus (if at all).
Put it this way, I have three children already-three children we planned for and tried desperately to have- and do not want anymore. I'm happily married and enjoy frequent sex with my husband. I'm not willing to give that up because of fear of pregnancy so I had my tubes tied. Since we made the decision TOGETHER that we do not want anymore children my husband also had a vasectomy. If by some medical oddity I happened to get pregnant, I would RUN (not walk) to the nearest abortion clinic. I'm a diabetic in my forties and I do not want any more children and NO ONE is going to force me to have them. If I were not able to have an abortion I would do everything possible to induce a miscarriage and I would not think twice about it. Before I had my children I could never foresee an instance where I would consider having an abortion, but I'm older and wiser now.
Yes, of course.





The parents on birth control are more responsible than those who aren't. They have taken means to prevent pregnancy and it is purely by accident that a pregnancy has resulted.
If they're having an abortion because a condom failed and they're not prepared to be parents I'd say they're displaying responsibility, not a lack of it.
Not at all. The risks of birth control are great in number, but their use does not in any way expunge a woman's responsibility. If it comes to that, then the responsible choice must be made. Also, the pill if taken after becoming pregnant can have devastating effects on children and mother alike.
Are you aware that Birth Control medicine has advanced even farther in the last 10 years?
Better the risks of Birth Control than the risks of childbirth, you axe me.
ive never had a condom break...so far.





none are 100% effective, so what?





im dying to find out what your point is.........
Given that rape exists, neither is abstinence.

No comments:

Post a Comment