Friday, January 22, 2010

What are some risks of taking birth control?

I'm thinking of taking birth control to you know regulate my periods and I heard it helps keep your skin clear. But since I don't really need it, because i'm not going to get pregnant, what are some risks to taking it?What are some risks of taking birth control?
Blood clots, some decrease cancer in certain spots and some increase it.


I think condoms are the best way, no hormones, safe.What are some risks of taking birth control?
weight gain or weight loss, headaches, can cause your acne to flair up rather than disappear sometimes, constant hunger (with some women), and irregular bleeding in the first few months. It really depends on what you're taking to see how it will effect your body. I use it to regulate my periods and I've had slight weigh gain and when I get close to my time, the ridiculous hunger. I would recommend something mild like Velivet which can be purchased for five dollars a month with a prescription from your doctor, and doesn't really have too harsh of side-effects, if any.
It depends on the type of birth control. If it is estrogen based your risks for stroke, MI (myocardial infarction), and edema (swelling and puffiness due to water retention) increase. If the COC id progesterone based you will need to worry about acne, hypertension, and possible liver dysfunction.
There are many many risks.





They range from blot clots and heart attacks and strokes. (increased risk)





To increased risk of breast cancer.





To excessive hair growth.





To weight gain, acne, sore breasts.





To mood swings, depression, headaches.





Changes with your period.





Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy.





Hormonal imbalance.





Allergic reactions, as with all medication, it can give you random problems such as liver problems etc. Everyone reacts differently. Ask for a leaflet that you get in the packs, or look it up online, and I can guarantee you it will scare you out of taking it for clear skin if you actually read what it warns.
wait gain! (from experience)


acne


Before Birth Control my periods were not regular, but even after taking it for a year, they are almost worse. I have gone 2 months with out having my period, and when i do, it is soo light i don't notice most of the time.
Blood clots, stroke, high blood pressure. Get a brochure, talk to a dr. or look on-line at some of the ones advertised on tv.
Read the box lol jk jk i dont know i just felt like joking!
Thr risk is that u wont get pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment