Sunday, January 24, 2010

I want to use birth control pills.is there any side effects or risk of taking them.suggest me.?

i was just 24 now.got married recently.i want to take pills for 2 yrs.i have never used before and iam so scared.please let me know the side effects if any.I want to use birth control pills.is there any side effects or risk of taking them.suggest me.?
it all depends. are you a smoker? any family health problems? what kind of BC are you looking for? The Shot? The Ring? The IUD?





I think what'd be good for you is the BC Patch, it's great.





I've been on a lot of BC's. The only thing I haven't been on is: the IUD, RING and SHOT.





Put on the Patch say on Sunday, keep it on. If it starts to come off put tape on it. Take it off on Sunday(week after) put another on(different spot than before) repeat, and then on the 4th week, leave it off for the week, until you get your period. If you still have your period when its time to put on another WEEK 1 patch, just let the doctor know of it. He/She might put you on Premarin. To stop the cramps %26amp; bleeding.I want to use birth control pills.is there any side effects or risk of taking them.suggest me.?
when my sister used them, she said that she got a little more irritated and sometimes depresed....and some other women say they make you fat. But i think its all in your mind honey, you are going to be allright, remember to always consult a doctor, good luck
it all depends on the pill, your lifestyle, everything. Talk to your gyno, tell them everything!! then the 2 of you can figure out what is right for you. As with everything there's side effects.
The best way to get accurate information about birth control, all the positives and negatives, all the options, is to go to a health clinic, your GYN office, Planned Parenthood, etc. Get the real information, not hearsay. Other peoples experiences are valuable, but educate yourself first.
The pill is great as long as you are good at remembering to take the pill everyday. If your a smoker the pill may cause blood clots and heart problems, but other than that the pill will help with easing the pain of your cramps and make your period lighter and shorter(this will happen over time). I would try Yasmine I'm on it and it works very well.
The only advice I would offer you, is to ensure what other medications you can take whilst on the pill, I am sure that a friend I knew who was on the pill said that taking antibiotics for an eye infection, cancelled out the effects of her pill, hence she became pregnant - should check it out with your GP. Read up about it as much as you can, there are questions to ask, do you smoke, do you suffer with varicose veins, all sorts of questions like that first.
I'm afraid there is a side effect to any pill you take or substance you rub on your skin.


Birth control pills.....and there are SO MANY out there, all have side effects including blood clots, bloating, weight gain, headaches, hypertension, coagulation abnormalities, depression, abdominal pain and cramping, breakthrough bleeding, and the list goes on. Even the devices such as the NuvaRing have side effects, because they alter your hormone production. You are messing with your NORMAL body functions. The ads on the tube that are put out by the company manufacturing the drug make it all sound so wonderful. It's just the pkg. they want to sell you.
I personally have taken the pills and used the ring. The pills caused a slight weight gain (maybe 3 pounds) and cleared up any acne I had. The only thing is for them to be most effective you are to take them at the same time everyday. The first week I used them I experienced some tenderness in my breasts. They also grew a little. I was also slightly irritable and sick to my stomach but it wore off after a week. I switched to the ring because I couldn't always take the pills at the same time everyday. I haven't had any issues with the ring. If inserted correctly you cant feel it and you leave it in 28 days and then take it out for 7 and then put a new one in. All forms of birth control increase the risk for heart attack and blood clots but mainly in smokers. That's why all the commercials say women over the age of 35 should not smoke. The patch has the highest incident of blood clots.
Birth control pills increase the risk of heart attack in smokers, and they can cause cancer.
I used them and was very sick. I threw up all night and my body couldn't get use to them. Most people, however, can take them or the shot.... and are usually fine after a couple of days. Just remember, if you take birth control for two years, it may be more difficult for you to get pregnant after you stop taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment