Friday, January 22, 2010

Question regarding missed birth control pills/pregnancy risk. Please help?

When I ran out of pills in my last pack of birth control, I stopped taking them for awhile because I didn't have the money to pick up my new pack yet.


So I was off of them for over a week, I don't remember the exact date I stopped taking them/ran out.


I just picked up my new pack today and started taking them.





So, my last period started on February 14th. My period before that started January 13th. So I guess my period is about every 31 days then the average 28.


I had unprotected sex inbetween the time I stopped taking my pills. I know of course that I always run the risk of getting pregnant when not using some form of birth control.





But I was wondering how likely it is that I might have gotten pregnant during that 1-2 week time off my pills?





I tried looking up stuff about when I'm most likely to ovulate/get pregnant but I kept getting a lot of different answers.





I don't know I just need some help please.


And I know it was irresponsible of me to be off of the pill for so long.Question regarding missed birth control pills/pregnancy risk. Please help?
Taking the first day of your period as the start of your cycle, you would usually ovulate in the middle so about 15 days later or March 1st for you BUT there is no guarantee you will ovulate then. Whilst an egg only lives for 24 hours after being released (unless fertilised), sperm can live for 5-7 days, so assuming you will ovulate mid-cycle you would be most likely to get pregnant if you had sex from the 22nd of Feb until March 8th. Outside of those dates its less likely, but far from impossible. Unfortunately you won't know until your next period arrives, or doesn't. I hope that you get the result you want.Question regarding missed birth control pills/pregnancy risk. Please help?
It is possible that you could be pregnant. You can actually get pregnant at any time in the month...it's just that some days are more likely. I came off the pill after bing on it for 3years and got pregnant within 2 weeks. You should wait until the date of your next period in March and take a test. If you weren't using birth control....you should have at least went for the morning after pill hun.
It's totally likely that you could be pregnant. I stopped my pills (we were trying to have a baby) and got pregnant right away. I'd take a test if I were you, just to be on the safe side.
You could be pregnant.. I forgot to take like 3 pills the first month I started them (not in a row.. And I would take 2 the next day like they told me) and after I finished them and I didn't get my period I went to my obgyn and she did a pregnancy test and it came back positive.. We were really happy and it was my second pregnancy, my first baby was 3 months old when we found out we were pregnant again... I guess you are going to have to wait and take a test to find out if you are. I think you shouldn't take your pills until you find out if you are pregnant or not.. Good luck
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment