Friday, January 22, 2010

I have hpv and i am taking low dose birth control pills..does that give me a bigger risk for cancer?.?

should i stop taking the birth control pills i am on loestrin 24 fe..are theyr any advice in using another method of bc? i heard that the combination of having hpv and using birthcontrol pills gives you a greater risk for cervicle cancer... what should i do.I have hpv and i am taking low dose birth control pills..does that give me a bigger risk for cancer?.?
where ever you heard that.. thats a bunch of ****! i have hpv, had it for over a year, and my gynocologist knows it and he prescribes me birth control.. dont worry, and dont stop taking ur birth control. there are only certain types of pv that cause cervical cancer, and if you are getting checked regularly(every 6 months to once a year), with a pap and pelvic exam, and they come back normal, you are perfectly fine. having hpv doesn't effect anything if ur taking birth control or make u more caceptable to cancer. so dont worry hun, ur totally safe

No comments:

Post a Comment