Friday, January 22, 2010

Does taking a hight level of birth control lower your risk of pregnancy?? Did you get pregnant on the pill?

I was on Yaz for a year and HATED it, i didn't get pregnant, but I spotted a little every now and then. I was told by a friend that a higher dose could protect you more from getting pregnant, something about thicker lining in the uterus, and could cut out my spotting. I know the risks of a higher does and I'm married so please do not say there is more risk and that i shouldn't have sex with my husband until I want kids. I would love to know what you have to share, if you did get pregnant on the pill please let me know and if you could let me know the name of the pill. Thank you!Does taking a hight level of birth control lower your risk of pregnancy?? Did you get pregnant on the pill?
I don't think you necessarily need a higher dose, but definitely try switching to a different brand if Yaz is making you spot. I personally loved the brand Alesse; it made my periods nice and easy, cleared my skin up, and balanced my hormones. Everyone's different though, so it might take a few tries to find the right one for you.





As for pregnancy on birth control, that's how both of my brothers were conceived (interesting that it was the boys, and not the girls that were the 'oops' babies...). I believe my mother was on Mircette with my youngest brother, and the older brother was just a result of mixing birth control with antibiotics.Does taking a hight level of birth control lower your risk of pregnancy?? Did you get pregnant on the pill?
The lower doses are just as effective as the higher doses. But yes it could stop you from spotting - some types of bc just don't agree with women so you should definitely change pills if you're spotting, another pill might work for you. Very few women get pregnant on the pill and if they do it's usually because they made some mistake about taking it.





Harriet
I was on Cilest and now I'm pregnant with twins!





I think that answers the second part of your question lol





No, a higher dose doesn't mean better coverage or they wouldn't do low doses. It's whatever suits your needs.





Perhaps Yaz was not a high/low enough dose for you.





Try something different as sometimes it can take forever to find something that is just right for you. I went through 4 pills before I settled on Cilest which was great until I found out I was pregnant!
Change your pill I got pregnant taking Yaz...
it might just be that brand. Low level is just as effective. I had a lot of problems with Birth Control. I had to try so many different brands before I found one that worked for me. I would have spotting and break through bleeding all the time until I found a pill that worked for me. It took me years to find one that worked and I found that Yaz was the worst. You might want to try talking to your doctor about all your different options as well as all the different pills that are out there. There are SO many! I really hope you find one that works for you. I've been there and its hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment