Sunday, January 24, 2010

Risks of starting Birth Control before period?

I missed my period this month, and no it's not pregnancy, and I'm 19, so I doubt it's an age issue, seeing as my periods have been regular for awhile now.





I just got bc, but I don't have my period, and I've missed it this month, I'm 99% sure it's from stress/working out, since I just started working out this month. anyway.





whats the risks in taking my birth control before my period?Risks of starting Birth Control before period?
There are no risks, but it really screws up with the hormones. They want you to wait due to scheduling issues (for example, so you don't get your period during the weekend) and also so that your menstrual hormones are out (and you're not putting extra hormones in and screwin' it all up).





Starting it earlier will not help you out any...it is just best to wait. Since you're waiting on your period, it sounds like you are very close to starting so best to just do so.





However, there are no risks involved in starting early.Risks of starting Birth Control before period?
Nothing much other than you may get irregular/spotting bleeding and it will take longer to become effective.





Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment