Friday, January 22, 2010

Bitrh control increases the risk of??????

on the packaging it says that bc increases the risk of, heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. Do you know of anyone that has suffered these things. (i am suppose to start my bc sunday.)Bitrh control increases the risk of??????
It mostly increases the risks of these things for women who are both over 40 _and_ heavy smokers. I wouldn't worry about them if you're normally healthy and exercise.





I would be more worried about the short-term side-effects of nausea and change in appetite (but these will improve in a month or two).





Birth control also greatly decreases the risks of several certain kinds of uterine and cervical cancers, though I think it was recently linked to a slightly greater risk of breast cancer.Bitrh control increases the risk of??????
My best friend was admitted to the emergency room for a blood clot in her arm due to the birth control pills she was taking. Her doctor said the blood circulation in her arm was so low that it could have caused irreversable damage. She is no longer on the pill but it was the first I ever heard of it. I've been on the pill for 5 years now and so far so good, knock on wood seriously!!!!
Check out WebMd





www.webmd.com/content/article/91/10112鈥?br>




You make the decision!
Yes, I do!





I attributed my gall bladder problems mainly to using BC for years, sometimes taking it months at a time and skipping the dummy pills. The increased estrogen from most BC pills is rumored to cause gall stones to develop--you can look estrogen/gall stones up on wikipedia if it isn't explained on the package of your BC.








On the other hand, there's a hereditary blood clotting problem that runs in my family (ok, only one member so far). This problem causes thicker blood than normal (Is it more platelets or something? You should ask your doctor, because I'm not a doctor!) It's something you can be tested for, though, if you're really worried about it. I'm told you should have two separate blood tests on different days/weeks, just to make sure you *don't* have this problem.





If you do have this problem and take BC, you have an increased risk of blood clots and heart attacks--so people with this problem are not allowed to take BC at all. It's not very common, though, so you shouldn't worry too much.
No I dont know anyone who has suffered from that. I have been on them for about 2 years now and I never had any adverse side affects.
no they do not harm......


just chek with your physician ,,,,,,which pill suits u best....
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment