Friday, January 22, 2010

Do i have to be a certain age to use birth control ,,and what is the risk of using it.?

ps,,i;m 16Do i have to be a certain age to use birth control ,,and what is the risk of using it.?
No you can be any age. The risks are heart attack, stroke, blood clots and plus plenty of side effects if you don't tolerate them well.Do i have to be a certain age to use birth control ,,and what is the risk of using it.?
no there is no age, and also since it stops your menstral cycle, remember it can make changes for the future, which may be harmful. stopping your natruaral body stages could be a risk!! thats why i just use a condom!! it does not stop erection!! good luck girl. XOXO
the risk is it may not work and the downiside is u have to take it 1a dy at the smae time the next day for 3-5 months and ask your doctor aswlell/
there are also people that are allergic to the pills like me that get great hair loss with them and non pregnant morning sickness even with the weakest strain
I don't think there's no age limit. But it's probably best if your over 12. The risks...I haven't used it, BUT i know you can risk cancer, and heart attack, as well as stroke, and sometimes randomly passing out. Though, your period won't be as annoying!





:)
Since you're 16, your age is fine. I started using birth control at age 14 to regulate my periods and to calm my cramping. I wasn't sexually active at the time. I recommend using the pill to start out with. I personally don't agree with some of these new birth control methods of not having but a few periods a year. I believe your body needs a period every month to clean out the uterus. There's risks with everything you can take. I think the main thing I hear about is not to smoke while using birth control especially if you're 35 or over, which you're not. I smoke and I'm still kickin so..we'll see. If you do get birth control your doctor or pharmacist will explain all of the side effects and risks, although I really don't think theres any severe ones.





** also the girl above me said it stops your period, it does NOT. Not all birth control stops your periods. Like I said in my paragraph above, I don't think the birth control methods that stop your periods are safe at all. I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen, which I've been on since age of 14, and every 28 days I have a period, a normal 7 day period with medium-heavy bloodflow like I always have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment