Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am 3 days late starting my new pack of birth control. Is there a high risk of pregnancy during this time?

I had sex this morning... and I got a little pre-*** in me.. Is there a big possibility I could get pregnant?





I was supposed to start my pills Sunday night but I took one this morning and just right now to catch up...I am 3 days late starting my new pack of birth control. Is there a high risk of pregnancy during this time?
Yes, it's possible you could have ovulated in that time. I think women generally take 10 days without pills to ovulate and I believe that includes the 7-day break so yeah 3 days more you definitely could have. If it was only pre-*** then the risk is low but most pill packets say that at the beginning or end of the pill is the worst time to miss pills. You will probably be safe but I think you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist about whether you need emergency contraception or extra pills or something.I am 3 days late starting my new pack of birth control. Is there a high risk of pregnancy during this time?
Most women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle, but there is a chance that you ovulated, because it would be considered the tenth day. The risk of becoming pregnant is possible.











(The first day of your cycle is considered the first day of your period-in this case the first day of your placebo/sugar/inactive pills...kinda confusing.)
absolutely! the manufacturers have worked out that you can afford a seven day break without ovulating. Any more than that and you risk ovulation (releasing the egg) so use condoms or something else at this time. Hope you got away with it this time!
Possibility, but I don't believe it's very high. Don't worry about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment