Friday, January 22, 2010

Question about birth control and pregnancy risk - odd symptoms, etc?

So - I posted at 1:00 AM when I got back home and got some good responses but I had another question.





I am 25 years old and have been on the pill for about 2 weeks and last night, the condom broke ';in the moment.'; My boyfriend was really nice - you know don't worry it'll be fine what not, but I freaked out.





I take my pills like clock work and when I was on the pill years ago - never had any issues with ';breakthrough bleeding, etc';





Well this morning when I woke up and am up and around I have gotten very crampy and have some light brown bleeding. What does that mean?





It is not time for my period - the last one was 4/6 and my cycles are about 31-34 days usually.





What is this from? Is it just ny body adjusting to the new pill?





I am 25 years old - you would not think I would be this ignorant - but these are issues I have never dealth with before in this kind of situation.





Help??Question about birth control and pregnancy risk - odd symptoms, etc?
Yes, you can get bleeding from your body adjusting to the pill, so it could be that.





You wouldn't be getting pregnancy symptoms this early so it can't be due to that.





How long does your pill take to start working? For some it's only one week, others it's two, some doctors recommend waiting a month. Check your pill leaflet. If it's 1-2 weeks you should be fine. If not, you have the option of the morning after pill, or just waiting it out. Good luck.Question about birth control and pregnancy risk - odd symptoms, etc?
it might just be the fact that you've only been on the pill for two weeks. your body is adjusting to the pill. if you're kind of irregular then it's probably that and your menstrual cycle is just adjusting because with the pill your cycle might switch. i highly doubt it has anything to do with sex and the condom breaking
whats the name of ur pill?
You are not ignorant by any means. Noone has all the answers, especially about our bodies. Ok, so you had been on the pill for only 2 weeks? It is recommended that you use another form of BC while on the pill because it doesn't take effect yet. Obviously, you are also using a condom. I would either 1. get the plan B pill if you don't want to be pregnant or 2. wait it out, and if you're at the point where you're ok with a baby, let it be.


If this just happened last night, you wouldn't be having pregnancy symptoms today, though. On a personal note, my 3rd pregnancy was a big Oops! I was on the pill, had missed a couple days and me and my hubby used a condom. It broke and since I had JUST finished my period, figured that I was no where near ovulation...well, much to our surprise, we ended up with baby #3! Wouldn't change a thing!


Good luck to you!
well i would suggest sein a doc. I dont want to scare u but i was on the pill and ended up prego with an ectopic. this is prolly not the case but u can still be pregnant the pill is not 100 percent effective

No comments:

Post a Comment